- Winter boots from last season are put on clearance.
- Buyer decides at least 1 style of these boots will be brought back for next season.
- The boot gets a new SKU (since it was previously put on clearance).
- The boot has the same GTIN from last season since it is the same product.
- The business user assigns the GTIN to the new SKU in PIM.
- The SKU will not integrate from PIM to RMS because GTIN is associated with both old SKU and new SKU.
- Result is duplicate GTIN error in RMS.
Atlas A2A will be implementing a workaround in the PIM-to-RMS integration (see requirement BRD-26.1). This request is for a "root cause" solution in PIM. The process above and the integration change in A2A also relies on a script to be run to remove the duplicate GTIN in PIM.